Created in 1873, Levi's® jeans are the original, authentic jeans. They are the most sucessful, widely recognised and often imitated clothing products in the history of apparel. Over successive generations, Levi's® jeans have captured the attention, imagination and loyalty of diverse individuals.
As the inventor of the category, the Levi's® brand continues to define jeanswear with the widest range of products available, from quitessential classics such as the famous Levi's® 501® Orginal jean, to favorite fits and styles in the Red Tab™ and premium collections.
The Levi’s® brand epitomizes classic American style and effortless cool. Since the invention and patent of riveted clothing by Jacob Davis and company founder Levi Strauss in 1873, Levi’s® jeans have become the most recognizable and imitated clothing in the world – capturing the imagination and loyalty of people for generations.
While the patent has long since expired, the Levi’s® brand portfolio continues to evolve through a relentless pioneering and innovative spirit that is unparalleled in the apparel industry. Our range of leading jeanswear and accessories are available in more than 110 countries, allowing individuals around the world to express their personal style.
|WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
We believe great brands and businesses are built by consistently providing quality products and services, and by earning the trust of all our consumers, empolyees, communities and investor through responsible business practices. Business can be more than a source of economic wealth. We believe they can be a force for positive change. Business can be more than a source of economic wealth. We believe they can be a force for positive change.
RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE OUR PRODUCTS
In 1991, Levi Strauss & Co. became the first multinational apparel company to establish a comprehensive code of conduct. This ensures that the people making our products anywhere in the world do so in safe and healthy working conditions, and are treated with dignity and respect.
BUSINESS PRACTICES THAT REFLECT THE WORLD’S DIVERSITY
- We work only with suppliers who follow local laws and our own strict code of conduct on ethical, legal, health and safety, and environmental standards,
- We evaluate factories to ensure compliance
- No child, prison or forced labor, corporate punishment or other forms of coercion are allowed.
- Working hours, wages and benefits must comply with the law.
- We respect workers’ freedom of association
Generations that have worn Levis® jeans as a symbol of freedom and expression in the face of adversity, challenge and social change. The Levi’s® brand appreciates what makes all of us unique and encourages freedom and individuality.
- We build a diverse and inclusive workforce and a team environment that respects and embraces different experiences, cultures, styles and viewpoints.
- Our products and marketing programs reflect our diverse markets.
- We have supported a Supplier Diversity Purchasing Program since 1972 that promotes the use of suppliers owned and operated by women, underutilized racial or ethnic populations, and the Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/transgender community.
In 1982, Levi Strauss & Co. began to educate its employees about a new and little-known deadly disease. We quickly became a leader in promoting HIV/AIDS awareness and education.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT FOR POSITIVE SOCIAL CHANGE
- We have contributed more than US$36 million globally to organizations dedicated to fighting the epidemic in more than 40 countries.
- We fund education programs and legal aid, and champion public policies to oppose stigma and discrimination of those affected by HIV and help them organize themselves to confront such barriers.
We seek to reflect the voices of the communities where we have a business presence. We want to make a difference by addressing tough social issues and empowering people to solve their own problems, and those of their communities.
- The Levi Strauss Foundation gives out about US$10 million a year globally, of which US$2 million goes to the Asia Pacific region, to provide economic opportunities for women and youth to build assets, improve working and living standards for garment workers, and address HIV/AIDS.
- Levi’s® employees advocate making a difference locally by volunteering in their communities. We have 75 community involvement teams at Levi’s® around the world.